The UW Department of Germanics presents their Winter quarter 2015 film series titled "Green German, Green Europe". The series features eight films in German with English Subtitles.
All films shown Thursdays at 6:30pm in Gould 322
- January 15, 2915 - Der Agrar Rebell: Permakultur in den Salzburger Alpen (2001). Sepp Holzer...farmer, author, and an international consultant for natural agriculture. He took over his parents' mountain farm business in 1962 and pioneered the use of ecological farming, or permaculture, techniques at high altitudes (1100 to 1500 meters above sea level). Film website.
- Januray 22, 2015 - Staub (2007). A look at the pervasive power of dust from its tiny particles settling in unseen places to its ability to cause illnesses and create the cosmos. Film website. IMDB
- January 29, 2015 - Taste the Waste (2010). Why do we throw away so much food? And how can we stop this kind of waste? Amazing but true: On the way from the farm to the dining-room table, more than half the food lands on the dump. Most of it before it ever reaches consumers. Film website. IMDB
- February 5, 2015 - Plastic Planet (2009). Werner Boote presents an up-close and personal view of the controversial and fascinating material that has found its way into every facet of our daily lives: plastic. Film website. IMDB
- February 12, 2015 - We Feed the World (2005). A look at how the world's food is produced and how mass production changes the environment and the lives of people. Film Website. IMDB
- February 19, 2015 - Solartaxi: Um die Welt mit der Sonne (2010). Swiss school teacher Louis Palmer, together with a young crew of highly motivated volunteers, drives the so-called Solartaxi around the whole globe. Film Website. IMDB
- Food Design (2009). A look inside the secret chambers where designers and scientists are defining your favorite mouthful of tomorrow. Film website.
- More Than Honey (2012). An in-depth look at honeybee colonies in California, Switzerland, China and Australia. Film website. IMDB